Re: Autopackage: Install Fails

From: Gilles
Subject: Re: Autopackage: Install Fails
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 22:58:44 +0200

Hi.

> > > I've downloaded 2.6.0 in its new packaging style.
> > > Right now, all I can say is: It doesn't work (TM).
>
> Gilles, it works on AMD64 but you must have 32 bit compatibility
> packages installed. Debian is not bi-arch currently due to limitations
> in apt-get so if you use Debian that could be the problem.

*What* works?  The autopackage installation or lilypond itself?

$ file /usr/bin/lilypond
/usr/bin/lilypond: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, AMD x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), for
GNU/Linux 2.6.0, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped

So it seems that 32-bit compatibility is not needed (?) for lilypond.

$ file /bin/bash
/bin/bash: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, AMD x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), for
GNU/Linux 2.6.0, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped

And neither for "bash".

Which distribution do you use?

On debian, I noticed the following compatibility packages:

 linux32
 ia32-libs
 lib32gcc1
 lib32stdc++6

I've just installed them all.  Still the same error while trying to
install with "autopackage".
I assume I can't complain to the Debian bug system, if I try to use
something other than dpkg to install software :^/

Gilles