Re: 2.6: Please don't take my Cygwin away

From: Colin Wilding
Subject: Re: 2.6: Please don't take my Cygwin away
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 13:19:30 +0100

Bert, that's great news. Even if most of my problems have workarounds, as Mat suggests, I'd rather continue to use Cygwin if possible.

Will it be possible to install 2.6 and also keep 2.4.3?  I can't use 2.6 'live' at the moment because there seem to be things that do not work at the moment - or at least do not produce the same results as in 2.4.  I'm not sure to what extent this is due to problems with fonts in the Windows version, but I cannot check that until I can try 2.6 on Cygwin.  Anyway I need to keep using 2.4 for existing scores until I am sure that I can get 2.6 to do everything I need.

Colin