Re: Wrong text fonts; no dvi

From: Jos Smeets
Subject: Re: Wrong text fonts; no dvi
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 15:57:08 +0200

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 13:01:41 +0200
Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> wrote:

> > When I compile morgenlied.ly (from examples page on the site) I do
> > not get the CM font as in the example on the lilypond site. Look at
> > http://www.jossmeets.nl/morgenlied.png to see what I get. When I
> > latex any latex file I do get proper CM fonts. So I suspect it is
> > something in the font configuration of my lily installation.
>
> LaTeX isn't used by LilyPond anymore, it generates Postscript
> directly. Also, the default text font isn't CM anymore, the
> serif font now defaults to New Century Schoolbook.
> I'm not an expert on pango (which is used to find the fonts),
> so I have no idea how to debug why you get a sans serif font
> for your lyrics text (the title is OK, right?).

When I compare my output with
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.6/input/mutopia/F.Schubert/out-www/morgenlied.png
not only the lyrics text is different. If the example on the site is
made with lily 2.6.0, then I guess that my compilation of that same .ly
file should give an identical result. So also a serif title. Is there a
Pango expert that can explain this?

> > Another problem is that I cannot get any dvi output any longer. If I
> > understood well, this should work wit the command "lilypond -b tex -
> > f dvi morgenlied". Correct?
>
> See
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2005-06/msg00421.html
> and the followup from Han-Wen.

That explains a lot. Anyway, I only tried to view dvi to be able to see
what fonts were used there.

Jos

--
Jos Smeets, Deventer, The Netherlands
<!-- visit my Classical Composers Database at -->

(This message was sent by Sylpheed-Claws.)