Re: pdf files

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: pdf files
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 09:51:47 -0700

Sacha Standen wrote:

Thanks Mats

The problem is, Lilypond 2.6 on my system only seems to generate PS files
and not PDFs.

To clarify what I'm doing, in case anyone else out there knows about
Lilypond on Windows:

Having written my text file, I then drag it onto the Lilypond icon, which
then processes it and creates a file with the Lilypond icon on it, as well
as creating a .txt file on the desktop with the adobe symbol on it (which I
also can't open). It also creates a midi file, which funtions properly. I
then double click on the newly created Lilypond file, which creates a PS
file and continues processing for a while but creates nothing new. There is
no PDF file. Anyone know why?
I also get no PDF's.  I installed the native LilyPond on MS Windows 98SE.
If I go to LilyPond/Examples in the Start menu and right-click on simple.ly and choose Open LilyPad opens the file. 1. If I try to do SaveAs LilyPad forgets the file name and just shows *.ly as the file name.

I supply a file name and save it on the desktop. I double-click on the simply.ly icon. I get a simple.log file which looks correct. The last line is:
Converting to `simple.pdf'...

2. There is a simple.ps file on the desktop but no simple.pdf. I searched the hard drive and it isn't anywhere else.

Sacha