Tuplets

From: Craig Brinker
Subject: Tuplets
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 11:08:44 -0400

I'd appreciate if someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong. I just
started to use lilypond and I was trying make triplets. Here is the
source I was using:

\version "2.6.0"
     upper = \relative c'' {
        \clef treble
        \key g \major
        \time 4/4

         g g2. a4 b4 a4
     }

     lower = \relative c {
        \clef bass
        \key c \major
        \time 4/4

       \ times 2/3 { e, b' e }
     }

     \score {
        \context PianoStaff <<
           \set PianoStaff.instrument = "Piano  "
           \context Staff = upper \upper
           \context Staff = lower \lower

        \layout { }
        \midi { \tempo 4=60 }
     }}

I just used the piano template and made some simple note changes and
when I try to generate the PDF it gives me this message:

# -*-compilation-*-
Changing working directory to `C:/Craig's stuff/Music/Song 1'
Processing `C:/Craig's stuff/Music/Song 1/Song 1b.ly'
Parsing...
C:/Craig's stuff/Music/Song 1/Song 1b.ly:15:7: error: syntax error,
unexpected \C[haracter]

       \ times 2/3 { e, b' e }

error: errors found, ignoring music expression
C:/Craig's stuff/Music/Song 1/Song 1b.ly:25:6: error: syntax error,
unexpected '}'
     }
      } }}

It's probably something simple but I can't figure it out.

Thanks,
Craig