Re: 2.6 autopackage on Debian sid!!

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: 2.6 autopackage on Debian sid!!
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 08:34:34 -0700

Paul Scott wrote:

Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

I was just able to find a single menu item pointing to
/usr/bin/lilypond under "Multimedia/Jack and More."

Was this created by the autopackage installer?
Probably not.

Even if this pointed to lilypond-2.6.0 what sense does it make to
point to the executable without providing a way to enter the
necessary parameters?

Gui people (windows, macos, gnome, kde) will want to have a menu entry
after installation of a software.  Running it pops up an editor with a
welcome message.

The same thing seems to be true of the MS Windows LilyPond menu entry
except there it starts a never ending task.

Does lilypad not start, can you investigate?
The Start menu item points to LilyPond.exe instead of LilyPad.exe. So does the shortcut which the install puts on the desktop. I presume these should point to LilyPad.exe. Also the registry has correct (AFAICT) entries under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT for .ly and LilyPond. These do point to LilyPad so double-click works correctly. Right-clicking shows Generate PDF as the default action. Right now I only get a .ps but I may have a problem with the Ghostscript on that machine which I am running on.

A very small problem is that "Explorer/Tools/Folder Options/File Types" doesn't show an entry for LilyPond which could imply that one of the registry keys is not quite complete.

development?

That's autopackage.org.
Ok.  I file these.

I thought you meant that the MS Windows native version was an autopackage so I reported the wrong problem to them. I have now reported the missing Debian KDE menu items to them.

Paul