RE: Argument transfer?

From: Sebastiano Vigna
Subject: RE: Argument transfer?
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 19:23:40 +0200

On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 11:34 -0500, Fairchild wrote:
> Haven't used LSR much, but initial impression is that it good for browsing
> but not reliable/maintained: see 'Caesura ("railtracks") with fermata' and
> 'Changing the appearance of a slur from solid to dotted or dashed'.  Haven't
> noted any \version information.  It's not easy to search and things aren't
> found with a search from http://lilypond.org/web/.  Most entries are
> elementary and are or should be included in the user manual.
>
> Why not incorporate LSR into the manual or Tips and Tricks?

There is some issue still in passing from 2.4 from 2.6. I never had any
answer to my question--whether the stuff from regression had been
already ported or not, and how to handle the problem.

I don't know why it's not easy to search--be more specific.

Many entries *come* from the user manual. In any case, it is unlikely
LSR will have a lot of maintenance if users are not interested in
putting anything into it. It's a chicken-and-egg problem.

I should probably pass the whole LSR through convert-ly -f 2.4.4 -t
2.6.0.

--
Ciao,

                                        seba