compound time signatures on different staves

From: Young, Jason
Subject: compound time signatures on different staves
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 11:04:27 -0400

Hello all,

Here's my problem: I need to express 4 concurrent staves of music, each with a different time signature, but having the measures line up. Right now I have something of a workaround but it's still not really what I want to express, and I couldn't find anything about this in the user documentation or in a search of the mailing list archive. Is there an easy way to do this?

Currently I'm using Lilypond version 2.2. I looked in the news section for 2.4 and 2.6 to see if later versions would do this, but only saw the compound time signature feature for a single staff.

Thanks for any advice or direction you can offer!
~ Jason