Re: LP 2.6 on Win98 -- question on Ghostview & on PS file size

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: LP 2.6 on Win98 -- question on Ghostview & on PS file size
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 08:41:52 +0200

Sacha Standen writes:

[please keep all lilypond related email on the list]

> So if this is a bug, what happens next?  Do we wait for the next
> update?

Waiting sometimes works, but waiting alone does produce a fix.

Someone will investigate and propose a fix, hopefully.  In this case,
Russ is already looking into it.

> Any idea how long?

With free software, the boilerplate answer is: "Sooner if you help."

This case is extra-complicated, because none of the core developers
can reproduce the problem, as we do not have a copy+license of a
DOS-based windows.  We are depending on a new developer/contributor.

I really hope we can produce a fixed update some time soon, but
otherwise we may have to redraw "support" for dos based windowses.

Sorry,
Jan.