Book Page Breaks with version 2.4.6

From: Art Hixson
Subject: Book Page Breaks with version 2.4.6
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 20:53:13 -0700

How do you make page breaks between \score sections of \book? We know that \newPage is useless for this.

Many others have asked this but none of the answers seem to work for me. The most logical idea was from Mat (I think):
\header{ piece = "\\newpage Piece 2" }

But this TeX construction caused a blank page at the TOP! even though it was invoked in the second \score section. Thereafter, the pages continued withoutbreak through the beginning of the second \score, but a totally blank page was issued AFTER the completion of that page. Likewise with successive \score sections, making quite a mess. So Lilypond and TeX are working against each other here.

Controlling paging is a common need and I think Lilypond should permit the user to put in arbitrary page breaks at any point in the score, independent of the notes, without an arcane hack. But, at the moment I'll take the arcane hack, if any one has it!

Running on XP, installed with Cygwin.

Arthur H