Re: force accidentals

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: force accidentals
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:28:01 +0200

"Stephen" <address@hidden> writes:

> I am not sure what the error message means:
>
> warning: accidental `5' not found
>
> How is '5' an accidental? Of course, since it's not that's why is
> can't be found, but how is it that it gets looked for?
>
> Stephen

Please quote the message to which your replying, in order to bring some
context to the discussion:

Nicolas Sceaux <address@hidden> writes:

> Here is *very* dirty trick, which produces lots of warnings,

these are the warning you're wondering about.

> but the
> output seems to be OK. The good way would be to pay Han-Wen to implement
> that feature.
>
>   \version "2.7.0"
>
>   atonicKey =
>   #(def-music-function (parser location) ()
>      #{ #(ly:export (make-music 'EventChord
>                      'origin $location
>                      'elements (list (make-music 'KeyChangeEvent
>                                       'tonic (ly:make-pitch -1 4 0)
>                                       'pitch-alist '((4 . 5)
>                                                      (5 . 5)
>                                                      (6 . 5)
>                                                      (0 . 5)
>                                                      (1 . 5)
>                                                      (2 . 5)
>         \set Score . extraNatural = ##f #})

You can see the '5' accidentals in `pitch-alist'. That's why I called
that a very dirty trick: then engine compares note alterations with the
key signature, which contains only non-existant alterations. That's why
the engine puts alteration on all notes it sees (unless a note with the
same pitch and the same octave has been seen before in the same
measure). As a side-effect, a warning is produced each time the
alterations from the key signature are treated.

nicolas