Re: Hyphenation

From: Bertalan Fodor
Subject: Re: Hyphenation
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 11:16:01 +0200

> I tried LilyPondTool 0.2.8-4 both with jEdit 4.3pre2 and 4.2 and the
> OpenOffice.org dictionaries. This seems promising, but it involves
> jEdit and a lot of extra stuff. Does anyone even have it working?
> suggestions for other tools?

I do use it extensively, that's what I developed it for LilyPondTool :-)
Before OOo I used TeX to hyphenate, but involved much more staff, more
configuration etc. However, AFAIK the free hyphenation engines all use
the same libHnj (TeX)-based hyphenation logic, which is not very
appropriate for hyphenating lyrics for music, especially with english.
For example, it will never hyphenate some sort words, for some
typographical reason (which comes from the very annoying phylosophy of
TeX-related stuff wanting to be too clever).

If you have problems or ideas with using the LilyPondTool hyphenation,
please send your questions/bug reports/suggestions to
address@hidden or to our project page on
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/lily4jedit. I will improve it on
user request, and I'm very open to accept patches (the sources are
available on CVS).

Bert