Re: FW: How to remove the time signature without removing the barlines

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: FW: How to remove the time signature without removing the barlines
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 18:50:18 +0200

On Monday 18 July 2005 18.05, Fairchild wrote:
> Erik -
>

> I understand that whichBar changes the default bar style as expected.  The
> flaky thing is that it causes the bar to be inserted after _every_ note.
> Can't fathom why this would be wanted often enough to make it a default.

Nobody forces you to use whichBar. The property is not really useful for
non-gurus, as a normal user it's sufficient to control barlines with the \bar
command, together with properties such as defaultBarType, barAlways and
automaticBars.

Graham - Perhaps it would be good to rephrase the last sections of this:
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.6/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Bar-lines.html
I don't see why any non-guru would want to set whichBar explicitly, so perhaps
that documentation should be moved to internals.

Erik