Re: FW: How to remove the time signature without removing the barlines

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: FW: How to remove the time signature without removing the barlines
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 13:12:00 -0400

    ES> I don't see why any non-guru would want to set whichBar
    ES> explicitly, so perhaps that documentation should be moved to
    ES> internals.

The reason I use it from time to time (maybe I'm a guru, but the
problem is definitely not a guru problem) is that if you move the
barline engraver from the score context to the staff context, you need
it to get any bars at all.

The reason to move the barline engraver is that I sometimes find it
easier to find errors in note entry if the erroneous barlines aren't
duplicated in all staves of a score.

So I would say that a non-guru might well need to use whichBar rather
than bar.  If \bar would work for the barline engraver in any context,
then maybe what you say would be true.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (501) 641-5011
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139