Re: To many clashing note

From: Rob Vlasaty
Subject: Re: To many clashing note
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:31:11 -0500

Georges,

Erik Sandberg wrote to me on Bug-Lilypond for a question I asked:

>> Please read the manual on polyphony, esp. 6.6.2. The problem is the << \\ >>
>> inside upperTwo; << \\ >> sets \voiceOne and \voiceTwo implicitly.

Putting it all together, I think I get it now.  The << \\ >> construct
automatically resets it to << \voiceOne \\ \voiceTwo >> even if it's inside
another voice number.  I would have to explicitly state the voice I'm working
with to change it.  So Georges, I tried changing your \stemUp and \stemDown's
to different voices.  I hope I'm on the right track with my thinking.

Rob

\version "2.5.32"
%\version "2.4.5"

\header {
  title = "Clashing note"
  subtitle = "to many"
  composer = "Jean Sebastien Bach (1685-1750)"
  style = "Classical"
  copyright = "Public Domain"
  maintainer = "Georges Roux"
  lastupdated = "2005/07/10"
  filename  = "clashing_note.ly"
  instrument  = "Guitare"
  piece = ""
  }

global = {
    \clef "G_8"
    \time 3/4
    \key e \major
  }

midiStuff = {
  \set Staff.midiInstrument = "acoustic guitar (nylon)"
  }

upperVoice = \relative c' {

  << { \voiceTwo b,16[ s e s fis s gis s a s fis s] } \\ { \voiceOne s a16[ s a
a s a s a s a] }  >>         %110
  }

lowerVoice = \relative c, {
  \voiceFour
  dis'4 \skip 4 \skip 4                                            %110
  }

Guitare = \simultaneous {
  \context Voice="upperVoice" \upperVoice
  \context Voice="lowerVoice" \lowerVoice