problem installing lilypond

From: shelagh
Subject: problem installing lilypond
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 12:20:44 +1000

I tried to install lilypond 2.6.1 with the auto installer as my
distribution doesn't package the latest version. My problem is that when
the installer gets to the ghostscript search it says I don't have the
right version. (ghostscript-8.15). This however is not so as I've only
just downloaded, compiled it just to please the installer. I rebooted,
just in case some config file nnede to be read. Where do I go from here?

Shelagh