Re: problem installing lilypond

From: shelagh
Subject: Re: problem installing lilypond
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:48:18 +1000

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 22:51:28 -0700, Paul Scott wrote:

> shelagh wrote:

>>>Did you choose Install or upgrade.   I just had this problem trying to
>>>upgrade whereas it worked fine when I chose Install.
>>>
>>>Paul Scott
>>>

>>No, I decided to go for a new install. I also got rid of the old gs
>>before I compiled the new one.
>>

> What distro?  I run Debian and don't know other package systems really
> well but was gs installed in a standard manner so that the autopackage
> system would be likely to find your gs?
>
> Paul

Doesn't look like my last attempt to reply was successful. Sorry if this
seems to be a repeat. I checked if I had two versions of gs. Yes, one in
/usr/local/bin & one in /usr/share/bin. "Which gs" said I use
/usr/local/bin/gs (which is the 8.15 version) The other, which I thought
I'd got rid of was the 7.07 version. And obviously the one autoinstaller
was finding, so I was brave and reckless and "rm /usr/share/bin/gs" 'ed
it. This did the trick and I am now the proud owner of the latest,
greatest version of lilypond. Now all I have to do is sit down and study
the manual to brush up on  new techniques.

Shelagh