Re: Maximum ghostscript input filesize? Adjustable parameter?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Maximum ghostscript input filesize? Adjustable parameter?
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 20:03:49 +0200

Trevor Baca wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself and then ask a question. My name's Trevor
Baca and I'm a composer working in Austin, Texas. I just started using
LilyPond for the very first time at the beginning of July, and I'm
already completelly blown away. I model notation algorithmically in
Mathematica and, for this reason, I've been working in SCORE for a
couple of years due to the availability of SCORE's cleartext .pmx
input format. But I can't even begin to express how much better
LilyPond's input format is! I wish I had discovered LilyPond about
three years ago ... And then there's the fact that Lily's output just
*looks* so good ...

thanks!

And thank you, everybody, for the snippets in the snippet repository
and for the examples in the regression battery. Learning's been a
breeze because of the tons of examples and the fact that the docs read
great.

B. Simply calling "open test.ps" on Lily's ps file (which summons
Apple's pdf creator) works fine!

So I suppose the work-around is simply to have Lily bypass the call to
gs altogether and always use Apple's "open" utility to create the pdf,
at least for this large file ... but two questions:

That surprises me; Apple's PS to PDF convertor consistently crashes on Lily's PS files - which is also why MacOS version by default erases them.