Re: Instrument Name Spacing

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Instrument Name Spacing
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 03:05:13 +0200

hi,

2.7.2 will have a \paper variable horizontaloffset, which shifts the music to the right, making place for the instrument names. As it happens, I had need for this myself just tonight.

Alternative: you can try

 \paper {
   linewidth = ..shorter length..
 }

Bryan Stanbridge wrote:
Greetings,

I'm using 2.4.5-1 on FC3 (the CCRMA package).

I've noticed that the horizontal alignment of an entire line seems to be done completely independantly of the short instrument names. It seems as though the musical line stretches from margin to margin and the instrument names get shoved into the left margin. The very first line works as I would expect, but from that point forward it's no good. It's visible in this tiny example but far more obvious in a full score of many pages.

\book {
 \score {
   \new Staff {
     \repeat unfold 20 {c'4 c' c' c' \break }

I searched the archives and couldn't find anything relating to this specific problem. Can anyone else reproduce this, and/or would upgrading to 2.6.x help? (I'm trying to wait until CCRMA gets a version online, but I'm not totally adverse to compiling it myself if I have to do so).