Re: stem direction for main notes vs. grace notes

From: Eric Mrozek
Subject: Re: stem direction for main notes vs. grace notes
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 16:40:01 -0700

Okay, that overrides the stem direction for all voices. If I want to limit the scope to just a single voice, how would I do that?

Maybe I've found a bug?.... using the following code in the Mac OSX version of lilypond, I get extra time-signatures on both staves, key-sigs in different locations between the staves, and different stem direction behavior between the staves. The only difference between the voices is whether the first note has grace-notes applied to it or not.

%lilypond
\version "2.6.0"

voiceOneMusic =  {
 \time 4/4
 \key d \major
 \override Voice.Stem #'direction = #-1
 \grace {    g'16[    d''16    cis''16]  }
   d''8.[    e''16]
 \grace {    g''16[    fis''16    g''16]  }   fis''4     g'4  a'4
}

voiceTwoMusic =  {
 \time 4/4
 \key d \major
 \override Voice.Stem #'direction = #-1
% \grace {    g'16[    d''16    cis''16]  }
   d''8.[    e''16]
 \grace {    g''16[    fis''16    g''16]  }   fis''4     g'4  a'4
}

\score{
   \new StaffGroup <<
      \new Staff <<
         \context Voice { \voiceOneMusic }

      \new Staff <<
         \context Voice { \voiceTwoMusic }

   \layout { }
}

Thanks for being patient with me, I'm still learning the details of the syntax.

Eric

P.S. Having a Mac OS X executable is outstanding. Many thanks to the authors/programmers.