Re: Fermata on second tied note [example]

From: Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence
Subject: Re: Fermata on second tied note [example]
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 17:01:59 -0700

Donald-
Well I just tried to edit the piece (by the way thank you for saying it's interesting- that was only a bit of one section of a suite that's going on 10 pages so far) and when the output looked correct (as in your example). I had another closer look at what I submitted.

It turns out that in measure 9 there is a 16th then a dotted 8th tied to a 16th and that the dot under the tie looks like a fermata. I'm not sure what kind of solution there could be to that problem given the layout overall of lily so I've decided not to submit it as a bug-
1) because it's not a bug just damn hard to read
2) I can think of no reasonable solution to the problem at this time.

But at least the mystery is cleared up for now.
Thanks again
Jay

dax2 wrote:

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 19:10:22 -0700