Re: unexpected digit with tied chords

From: Steve D
Subject: Re: unexpected digit with tied chords
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 11:08:53 -0600

On Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 09:21:37AM -0700, Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence wrote:
> I'm getting an error message
> syntax error, unexpected DIGIT, expecting DRUM_PITCH or NOTENAME_PITCH
> or '>'

Instead of this:
<a4 c> ~

Type this:
<a c>4~

Instead of this:
<a2. c>

Type this:
<a c>2.

The duration of all the notes of the chord (within the same voice on the
staff), are the same, so it is not merely an arbitrary convention but
logical that the duration would be placed following the chord as a
whole, not after a particular note *within* the chord.

-sd
Quip: "I have plenty of talent and vision; I just don't give a
damn."