Re: Piano + two verses?

From: Rob Vlasaty
Subject: Re: Piano + two verses?
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 10:05:43 -0500

Nick,

I had some time today, so I took a look at your file.  I used the example in
the documents and pasted your notes onto there.

When aligning lyrics, using the new Lyricsto, you need a note in a voice for
each syllable.  The purpose of Lyricsto is to specify which voice you want to
line up with, rather than the old addlyrics way of specifying the count of each
syllable.  That's why I put your two parts together into the upper voice, then
hid some of the notes.  You don't need the 4 anymore after Hal, and the
hyphenation is centered with double -- .

See if this is more of what you wanted.

Rob

\version "2.6.0"
\header {
  title = "Happy Halloween"
}

upper = \relative c {
\clef treble
\key c \major

\time 4/4
        \hideNotes d4  e f d e f e2  \unHideNotes
        e'4 ( f g2 f4 e d2 )
        \hideNotes d,4  e f d e f e2  \unHideNotes
        e'4 ( f g f e c d2 )
}
lower = \relative c {
\clef bass
\key c \major
\time 4/4
          d4 ( e f d e f e2 )
          \skip 1 * 2
          d4 ( e f d e f e2 )
          \skip 1 * 2

}

firstVerse = \lyricmode {
  \set stanza = "1. "
  Hal -- low -- een will soon be here,
  From the trees, ghosts will peer!
  Pump -- kins smile a -- long the way,
  It's a ver -- y spec -- ial day!
}

secondVerse = \lyricmode {
  \set stanza = "2. "
  Trick or treat -- ing we will go,
  Knock on doors, say hel -- lo!
  Find a cos -- tume that's just right.
  We'll have fun this spook -- y night!
}

\score {
\context GrandStaff <<
\context Staff = upper {
\context Voice = singer \upper }
\lyricsto "singer" \new Lyrics \firstVerse
\lyricsto "singer" \new Lyrics \secondVerse
\context Staff = lower <<
\clef bass
\lower

\layout {
\context { \GrandStaff \accepts "Lyrics" }
\context { \Lyrics \consists "Bar_engraver"
                ignoreMelismata = ##t}
}
\midi { \tempo 4=60 }

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com