Re: Piano + two verses?

From: Nick Urbanik
Subject: Re: Piano + two verses?
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:16:40 +1000

Dear Rob,

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 10:05:43AM -0500, Rob Vlasaty wrote:
> Nick,
>
> I had some time today, so I took a look at your file.  I used the
> example in the documents and pasted your notes onto there.

Thank you!

> When aligning lyrics, using the new Lyricsto, you need a note in a
> voice for each syllable.  The purpose of Lyricsto is to specify
> which voice you want to line up with, rather than the old addlyrics
> way of specifying the count of each syllable.  That's why I put your
> two parts together into the upper voice, then hid some of the notes.
> You don't need the 4 anymore after Hal, and the hyphenation is
> centered with double -- .
>
> See if this is more of what you wanted.

Oh thank you Rob, that's just perfect! And it works with lilypond
2.4.6 as well, which is good, otherwise for 2.6.x I will need to
install new ghostscript packages, which I am afraid might break my
printing.

Thank you very much for your valuable time; I really appreciate it,
and will study this properly so that I understand how every part of it
works.

--
Nick Urbanik   RHCE       http://nicku.org          nicku(at)nicku.org
Proud ex-member of Dept. of Information & Communications Technology in