Re: How to remove the time signature without removing the barlines

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: How to remove the time signature without removing the barlines
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 23:03:47 -0700

On 18-Jul-05, at 6:18 PM, Erik Sandberg wrote:
The reason I use it from time to time (maybe I'm a guru, but the
problem is definitely not a guru problem) is that if you move the
barline engraver from the score context to the staff context, you need
it to get any bars at all.

OK, then perhaps it shouldn't be removed from the manual. However, the
property is still a bit too odd to be mentioned in the "Basic Notation"
chapter IMHO, perhaps it's better to move it to somewhere in the internals
docu, or to an example in tips&tricks.

(whichBar)

I've left it where it is, but I labeled it as "common tweaked properties". It isn't commonly tweaked, but it's now visually distinct from the rest of that page, and I can't think of anywhere else to easily put it. I think this is the best
compromise.

Cheers,
- Graham