Re: missing term in Icking glossary

From: Luis Guillermo Agudelo
Subject: Re: missing term in Icking glossary
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 05:14:06 -0400

I agree with this comment. Tenuto is not the opposite to stacatto. however I believe that detache' is not the opposite of tenuto either.

My understanding of tenuto is to sustain or to hold but I wish some of the italian speakers in this list help us out with a better definition.

By the way, In spanish we pretty much always go by the italian terms when speaking of music, so we use tenuto as well.

Cheers,
Luis