Re: Character substitutions in cut+paste [WAS:] What's the least input i

From: dax2
Subject: Re: Character substitutions in cut+paste [WAS:] What's the least input into a score to get midi output added?
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 14:55:31 +0200

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 13:48:13 +0200
Sven wrote:

> Not totally out of control. Use a latin1-encoded font for the
> normal text and make sure TeX doesn't do special substitution of
> single quotes and double dashes in the examples.
>
> But maybe that is too much work.

Maybe you know more about TeX in order to help get this to work;
I do not think that developers should spend too much time on
finding out exactly where this goes awry.

We - users - could do that if it was important.

As I have written elsewhere, the examples are correct and ps2ascii
will print the correct codes, HOWEVER: cut+paste from Adobe
Acrobat-reader will not get the quote correct on my system with
X11 and a glibc with POSIX environment (which should be clean
ASCII and latin1 :-)

Do you (Svend) know how the Lilypond documentation is generated?

--
dax2-tele2adsl:dk -- http://d-axel.dk/  Donald Axel