RE: Character substitutions in cut+paste [WAS:] What's the leastinput in

From: Sven Axelsson
Subject: RE: Character substitutions in cut+paste [WAS:] What's the leastinput into a score to get midi output added?
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 19:18:12 +0200

> From: dax2 [mailto:address@hidden
>
> On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 13:48:13 +0200
> Sven wrote:
>
> As I have written elsewhere, the examples are correct and ps2ascii
> will print the correct codes, HOWEVER: cut+paste from Adobe
> Acrobat-reader will not get the quote correct on my system with
> X11 and a glibc with POSIX environment (which should be clean
> ASCII and latin1 :-)
>
> Do you (Sven) know how the Lilypond documentation is generated?

Not as such - I haven't tried to build it myself. Looking at the
stepmake rules it seems to be a horrible mess of Python scripts,
emacs batches, texinfo runs and whatnot. Doesn't look like fun
to maintain.

Anyhow, this is how to get TeX to use straight single quotes that
work right when copied from a PDF.

Redefine the ' character as:
\catcode`'=\active\gdef'{\char"0D}

The following small fragment shows the difference:

\tt Test \#'(1 . 2)
\par
\catcode`'=\active\gdef'{\char"0D}
\tt Test \#'(1 . 2)
\end

But where to put that to get texinfo to use it I cannot say
right now. I could try to find out if there is interest?

--
Sven Axelsson