Re: missing term in Icking glossary

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: missing term in Icking glossary
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 13:04:24 -0700

joe ferguson wrote:

My experience is pretty well limited the choral literature. In that genre the usual interpretation of the tenuto is one of subtle emphasis, as an indication of phrasing.

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

I would say that this is a more universal observation. E.g. the interpretation of sfz , > and ^ also depend on the composer/era.

IOW I don't care what you call it. I just want to be able to engrave the musical symbol. We could discuss how to interpret it for a long time but that's not really the job of the LilyPond docs.

Paul Scott