etf2ly.exe doesn't work on Win98

From: stk
Subject: etf2ly.exe doesn't work on Win98
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 04:23:18 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I downloaded and unzipped lilypond-tools-2.6.0.zip.
I then ran abc2ly.exe on a xxxxxxxx.abc file; this gave me
a correct xxxxxxxx.ly file, which I fed to LilyPond, and
that gave me both a correct PDF file and a correct midi file.

But when I ran etf2ly.exe on a Finale Notepad file 2005test.mus,
I got a 2005test.mus.ly file that contained only one single line:

% lily was here -- automatically converted by etf2ly from 2005test.mus

That .mus file was produced directly with Finale Notepad 2005;
it contained a 2-bar scale.

I also ran etf2ly.exe on a .mus file produced directly with
Finale Notepad 2001 (whose binary output format differs from
the 2005 version) -- and I got the same result from etf2ly.

If this is specifically a Win98 problem, I don't want to bother you;
but are there users who have gotten etf2ly.exe to work on WinXP ?

Thanks.

-- Tom