Re: Full bar rest representation

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: Full bar rest representation
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 12:05:36 -0700

Hans de Rijck wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to represent a full bar rest when using 'odd' time
signatures?
e.g. in a 4/4 time a full rest is represented by r1 ,
in 2/4 time a full rest is r2 and in 3/4 it is r2.
But, what is a full rest in times like 5/4 7/4 12/4 7/8 etc.
Full bar rests should normally be capitalized - they are centered that way. There are many numerical possibilities but I do:

R4*5 R4*7 R4*12 R8*7

and I do R4*3 instead of R2. Except for the reversal of the numbers these are closer to what they represent.

Paul Scott