Re: footers and footer placement

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: footers and footer placement
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 13:41:04 +0200

Sean Reed <address@hidden> writes:

> hi list,
>
> i have a question concerning footers and footer placement.
>
> my publisher has a specific standard for their scores, by which the
> copyright is to be on the first page in the bottom left hand corner.
> also on the first page, the work number is to be in the bottom right
> hand corner, on all consecutive pages, the work number is to be
> centered at the bottom of the page.
>
> i found the "copyright" tag in the header section, but it centers the
> given text. is there a way to place it on the right?
>
> is there then also a way to set separate placement of the work number
> once for the first page and then differently for all subsequent pages?
>
> i would appreciate any tips.
>
> ly 2.7.0-1 on mac 10.4.2

You should read:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.7/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Creating-titles.html
espacially the end.

\version "2.7.3"

\paper {
  oddFooterMarkup = \markup \column {
    \on-the-fly #first-page \fill-line {
      \fromproperty #'header:copyright
      " "
      \fromproperty #'header:worknumber
    }
    \on-the-fly #not-first-page \fill-line {
      \fromproperty #'header:worknumber
  evenFooterMarkup = \markup \fill-line {
    \fromproperty #'header:worknumber

\header {
  copyright = "copyright notice"
  worknumber = "work #12345"
}

\repeat unfold 20 { c' d' e' f' \break }