Re: title page for \book

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: title page for \book
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 21:07:12 -0700

On 30-Jul-05, at 2:53 AM, Nicolas Sceaux wrote:
I've also built custom titles, this thread may be a good place to share
them.

Thanks!  I used your example to get \fromproperty working.  For anybody
else, I've included my updated title page below.

#(def-markup-command (when-property layout props symbol markp) (symbol? markup?)
  (if (chain-assoc-get symbol props)
      (interpret-markup layout props markp)
      (ly:make-stencil '()  '(1 . -1) '(1 . -1))))

This looks like a useful markup command; would it be useful to add this
to scm/define-markup-commands.scm ?

               \column { " " " " " " " " " "

I'm using
\hspace #1
instead of
" "
since there's no guarantee that lilypond will treat " " in the same way in the future -- I think that \hspace is a bit more reliable with regards to future
syntax/behavior changes.

\paper{
titlePage = \markup{
  \override #'(baseline-skip . 8)
  \column {
    \hspace #1
    \hspace #1
    \hspace #1
    \override #'(baseline-skip . 1)
    \column {
      \fill-line {
        \fontsize #6
        \bold
        \fromproperty #'header:tpTitle
      }
      \hspace #1
      \fill-line {
        \fontsize #4
        \fromproperty #'header:tpSubTitle
      }
      \hspace #1
      \hspace #1
      \fill-line {
        \fontsize #2
        \italic
        \fromproperty #'header:tpComposer
    \hspace #1
    \hspace #1
    \hspace #1
    \hspace #1
    \hspace #1
    \hspace #1
    \hspace #1
    \hspace #1
    \hspace #1
    \hspace #1
    \hspace #1
    \hspace #1
    \hspace #1
    \hspace #1
%%% this puts the next line of \markup text on the next page.  It's
%%% a messy way to get a pagebreak, but it works.
#(define-public book-title (marked-up-title 'titlePage))
}

\header{
tpTitle=\markup{This is the Title}
tpSubTitle="Sub-Title"