Re: title page for \book

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: title page for \book
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 01:53:40 -0700

On 1-Aug-05, at 1:40 AM, Nicolas Sceaux wrote:

This is exactly the kind of comment that I wished when I posted my
example, thanks! (but then, instead of stacks of \hspace #1, why don't
you write \hspace #5 for instance?)

In this:
\markup { \column{
\hspace #1
\hspace #1
foo
}}

there are three entries in the \column, so foo is three lines down. In this:
\markup { \column{
\hspace #15
foo
}

there are two entires in the \column, so foo is two lines down.  There's
a 15-unit blank horizontal space in the line above foo, but that doens't
change the vertical placement of foo.

(recall that hspace is horizontal space; there's no vspace)
- Graham