Re: New score, middle of the line?

From: Trevor Baca
Subject: Re: New score, middle of the line?
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 10:39:40 -0500

On 8/1/05, Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> wrote:

> Actually, there is a solution available. Since it's possible to
> include a full score in a Text Markup, I figured it should be
> possible to let the .ly file contain a single Text markup, which
> in turn contains a line with the two scores. This is what I came
> up with, starting from your example:

<snip>

Well, that's remarkable ... I had no idea. Thank you.

(Question: when you render the example, does the baseline of the
second score appear a very small fraction of a space *higher* than the
baseline of the first score?)

> Note that this solution only will work when both
> pieces are short enough so the both fit onto a single line, I'm
> not sure if that's the case for you. If you have several such
> short examples, it may be possible to use the \justify text
> markup command that has just been introduced in version 2.7.

Won't work for the chorales (because they're usually a line and a
half, maybe two, long) but will definitely work for laying of tables
of notation in a type of catalog (another project on the side, for
which I've been using \stopStaff and \startStaff very successfully ...
thanks to Hans Forbich for sponsoring the development!)

> Note also that I fixed a couple of other things. For example typesetting
> the title using \mark with left alignment, see "8.1.3 Text marks"
> in the manual.

Yes, much better, as well. Thank you for both solutions!

Trevor.