Réf. : Re: french characters in headers

From: Jean-marc LEGRAND
Subject: Réf. : Re: french characters in headers
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 09:03:43 +0200

Thanks for your answer !
Well, now, I don't know how to put it in my file...

Here's my main file :

\version "2.6.0"

\header {
       title = "BELLEROPHON"
       subtitle = "Trag\'{e}die mise en musique par Monsieur de LULLY "
       subsubtitle = "Musiques de Sc\`{e}ne"
       composer = "Jean-Baptiste LULLY (1632-1687)"
       copyright = "Arrangement et gravure par Jean-Marc Legrand - Lilypond
2.6.1 - août 2005"

       % These are headers used by the Mutopia Project
       % http://www.mutopiaproject.org/
       mutopiatitle = "BELLEROPHON : musiques de scène"
       mutopiacomposer = "Jean-Baptiste LULLY "
       mutopiainstrument = "viol, recorder"
       date = "(1632-1687)"
       source = "fac simile édition 1679 "
       maintainer = "Jean-Marc LEGRAND"
       maintainerEmail = "address@hidden"
       lastupdated = "2004/Aug/01"
     }

#(set-global-staff-size 16)

global= {
\override Staff.KeySignature  #'style = #'hufnagel
\override Staff.Accidental  #'style = #'hufnagel
\override Score.SystemStartBracket #'transparent = ##t
\override Voice.Rest #'style = #'neomensural
}

%ouverture
\include "00d1.ly"
\include "00d2.ly"
\include "00a.ly"
\include "00t.ly"
\include "00b.ly"

\score {
      \header {
         piece = "Ouverture"
      }

       \time 4/4
       \key c \major
\new ChoirStaff <<
           \new Staff << \global \dessusI >>
           \new Staff << \global \dessusII >>
           \new Staff << \global \alto >>
           \new Staff << \global \tenor >>
           \new Staff << \global \basse >>

}

Where do I put something like \encoding uft-8  ?

                      Imruska
                      <address@hidden        Pour :    Jean-marc LEGRAND
<address@hidden>
                      .hu>                     cc :      address@hidden
                                               Objet :   Re: french characters
in headers
                      01/08/2005 21:53

> As I've directly jumped from 2.2 to 2.6, I have some little pb to solve.
>
> I'm using accented characters (like é, û, and è) in my header, and Lily
> doesn't translate them. I
> must be a LateX pb, but I can't make it right...

Well, as 2.6 is _not_ using LateX any more, it cannot. Now Lilypond 2.6
can handle accented characters, but in order for that to work you must
save your files using UTF-8 encoding, rather than Latin1. Give it a try,
I think this will solve your problems.

Imruska