Re: font finding problem

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: font finding problem
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 09:17:53 +0200

I really recommend to install the new stable version 2.6 instead.
There is an installation package at www.lilypond.org that should
work on more or less any Linux distribution.

If you want to stick to your current version for some strange reason,
then please search the mailing list archives (don't forget the archive
for bug-lilypond) and I'm sure that you will find explanations and
solutions. Your attempt to set TEXMF is certainly not the right
solution.

   /Mats

Johan Wettergren wrote:
Hello!

I'm afraid I haven't been able to sort out this problem myself. I have recently
installed Lilypond as included in Suse linux 9.3. There seems to be font finding
problems. I tried the folowing (translation from Swedish within []):

address@hidden:~/musik/lilytest> export
TEXMF=/usr/share/lilypond/2.4.4:/usr/share/texmf

address@hidden:~/musik/lilytest> lilypond test.ly
GNU LilyPond 2.4.4
Processing `test.ly'
Tolkar... [Interpreting...]
Interpreting music... error: kan inte hitta "feta20.afm" [cannot find]
Music font has not been installed properly.  Aborting

There is a feta20.afm file at /usr/share/lilypond/2.4.4/fonts/afm/
Anyone there to spot what I'm doing wrong?

Best regards,

Johan

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing