Gimp EPS not working in \epsfile

From: Arthur Moore
Subject: Gimp EPS not working in \epsfile
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 12:58:14 -0600

I've made a gimp eps file and It poops out this error when I run lilypond:

Converting to `test.pdf'...
`gs -q  -dSAFER  -dCompatibilityLevel=1.4  -sPAPERSIZE="letter"
-dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -r1200  -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile="test.pdf" -c
.setpdfwrite -f "test.ps"' failed (256)

It looks like the postscript file lilypond is spitting out is broken.

I replaced my own eps file with penguin.eps from:
http://www.home.unix-ag.org/simon/penguin/

and it works just fine.

I'm attaching the eps file and the lilypond file. One can put them in
the same directory to see if they get the same output. Does anyone
have any ideas on this? I'd rather not have to hand program (in
postscript ) new things I want to include into my score.

Any ideas on what's going on and what I can do to get this to work.

Art