Does what: \override Slur #'attachment = #'(stem . stem)

From: dax2
Subject: Does what: \override Slur #'attachment = #'(stem . stem)
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 00:28:51 +0200

   Normally I write comments so that I can understand why things
are like this or that in the source:-)

   I think there are some additions from convert-ly and others
from the Mutopiaproject-editor. That is ok with me; however, I
cannot find out from where this one comes and what might have been
the original intention:

  \override Slur   #'attachment = #'(stem . stem)

  There are NO SLURS in the voice in question!!!

   Lilypond 2.6.3 warns:
Interpreting music...
warning: can't find property type-check for `attachment' (backend-type?).
  perhaps a typing error?
warning: doing assignment anyway

   When out-commenting the "override Slur - line" the resulting
postscript file is slightly different from line 19735 out of
approx.23000 lines, but I cannot get much out of the differences
and I cannot see any differences on the rendered page.

   The result (without assignment to #'attachment) is ok (I will set
it up on my website).

   Regards/Donald

--
dax2-tele2adsl:dk -- http://d-axel.dk/pub/music/Chop-28-1-L263.pdf