Re: using \markup for #'("text" . "")

From: Christopher Ellis
Subject: Re: using \markup for #'("text" . "")
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 20:11:11 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Graham and Mats.  I can now do what I want to
do.  I was planning on putting a #:hspace ~0.5 after
the the finger number, but this gives an unexpected
result that looks no where near as good as putting a
space " " character after the finger number.  The
number is much higher than it needs to be and the line
is only a little higher.  It looks like the spanner
line is right at the base of the number, or left
edge-text.  I would be interested in an explanation as
to why this happens, but it is not necessary.  ly
below will show what I am talking about.  The first
measure looks good, in the 2nd the line is too low
relative to the number.  Thanks again.  Chris

\version "2.6.0"

test = \relative c'' {
  \override TextSpanner #'dash-fraction = #'()
  \override TextSpanner #'edge-text = #(cons (markup
#:center-align (#:finger "1 " ) " " ) "")
  b\startTextSpan c c b\stopTextSpan | \revert
TextSpanner #'edge-text
  \override TextSpanner #'edge-text = #(cons (markup
#:center-align (#:finger "1") #:hspace -3.0 ) "")
  b\startTextSpan c c b\stopTextSpan |
}

\score {
        \test