Re: font finding problem

From: Thomas Ruedas
Subject: Re: font finding problem
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 18:38:42 +0200

Hi,
after having wasted a real lot of hours trying to install 2.6.3 which got
me deep into package dependency hell and forced me to update at least a
dozen other programs as well, I finally had to give up and try 2.4.4
instead, for which there is an RPM from SuSE 9.3. After having been able
to install that with all dependencies working, I got the same error as
Johan and wonder if there is a solution, because I also do have the font
on my system.
As I say, installing 2.6.3 is not an option for me at this time, because
it would in fact force me to upgrade my whole system (running SuSE 9.1),
which I can't do in the near future. There must be a possibility to tell
Lilypond where the font is - it's in its own directory tree, after all.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially because I am new to
Lilypond and would really like to try it out.
Thomas