Re: Getting key change alterations printed

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Getting key change alterations printed
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 02:26:08 +0200

On 14 Aug 2005, at 01:47, Graham Percival wrote:
You have a setup, different from the one I am used to. On the Bison list, people are recommended trying out the latest beta, so one gets to know that it works.

Beta, or pre-alpha? 2.7 is currently in pre-alpha stage; expect it to be quite unstable. Problems reports are appreciated, but I don't recommend trying
to use 2.7 for daily use.

There is the latest release, the latest beta, and a CVS version. Nothing else. The beta is only released when a major version is about to be released; one then wants the new major version to be bug free, which is why one wants people to try it out. Otherwise, there are minor releases, as well. Only the latest version is supported. The problem with Bison is that there are many old versions in use, and people are reluctant to use a version they do not think will be bug- free enough. Flex only has the latest version and the CVS version; only the CVS version compiles under BSD (like the Mac OS X FreeBSD).

-user is for general discussion about lilypond use;

I guess that corresponds to "help-bison".

this almost always refers
to the stable branch. bugs- is for reporting problems, and -devel is for
discussion about development and the unstable branch.

Thanks for the info. I begin to worry about the term "unstable branch". :-)

I would have sent
this problem to either bugs- or -devel.

You would, as you know it is a bug. :-)

  Hans Aberg