Re: unsolicited praise =)

From: Kieren Richard MacMillan
Subject: Re: unsolicited praise =)
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 22:12:37 -0400

Hello, Laura:

For those who just want to see the pdf's and not read the whole
thread, I've posted links to them on my blog
<http://www.laymusic.org/blosxom-static/publishing>.

Thanks! That is quite a helpful investigation...

Surprisingly, Finale makes quite a good showing in this case -- certainly (to my eye) the least number of glaring problems of the non-Lilypond bunch. The two cases where it clearly trounces Lilypond (in this example) is the spacing between bars and music which begins with an accidental (q.v., m 2, 3, 6), and the tie-note padding (q.v., m 1, 3, 5, 7, etc.).

For most things, however, Lilypond proved its superiority (to my eye) once again!

Cheers,
Kieren.