Re: Markup over last barline

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Markup over last barline
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 12:12:46 +0200

On 15 Aug 2005, at 06:22, address@hidden wrote:

. . . The lines
  \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #right
     \mark "D.S. al Fine "
generate the error:
  Processing `/Users/foo/Music/LilyPond/RachenitsaB.ly'
Parsing...<unnamed port>: In expression ^Òself-alignment-X:
  <unnamed port>: Unbound variable: ^Òself-alignment-X

My plaintext mail client is set for ISO-8859-1 (Latin 1), so spurious
apostrophes (') show up as the sequence ^ ò (but without the spaces I inserted for clarity). The tail end of the above error message looks like
this:
            ^ ò s e l f - a l i g n m e n t - X
which may indicate that the LilyPond parser does not see an apostrophe
(a "single-quote"), but rather a long unbound (i.e., undefined) variable
name beginning with the two characters  ^ ò

You might want to look at your actual source file in an ASCII-only text editor to see whether the apostrophe (') is a real ASCII apostrophe or if
it's some unicode character.

I already did that: In Mac OS X, one can drop the character onto the Unicode Character Palette, and see its Unicode Code Point (i.e., character number).

The PDF manual simply displays the wrong character (see my other post). So when doing copy-paste, one must use the HTML page.

  Hans Aberg