collecting praise quotes for webpages?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: collecting praise quotes for webpages?
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:28:51 +0200

Bec and John Silva wrote:
I just wanted to second Kieren's comment. I've compared outputs from different programs, like that thread linked to by others, and I've learned many things about engraving as a result (along with examining my own older hand-engraved editions). As I've been entering my own scores into Lilypond they just "feel" really nice.
Thanks!

Just wanted you to know that you rock!

Lilypond 2.7.4 thoroughly exceeds expectations regarding computer-generated music engraving output -- quite simply, it leaves every other app in the dust (and, indeed, most commercially-available scores, regardless of their engraving process).

Keep up the fabulous work!
Kieren "We're Not Worthy" MacMillan.

I was just thinking: wouldn't it be great if we could put these type of nice quotes on the lilypond.org webpages? We have a testimonials section, but I think it would be even nicer if we had a "rotating quote" on the lilypond.org homepage, where a different quote is shown for each time that you load the page.

It would be really great if someone would go through the list archives, to destill all the praise in separate snippets. If someone takes up that task, I will write the code to add the quotes to the homepage.