Re: Unicode Fingereings

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Unicode Fingereings
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 10:16:02 +0200

It doesn't work directly since the default fonts and default
character encoding for fingerings can only handle numbers and are
different than for ordinary text. If you just want them placed
above or below the note, I propose to typeset them with a text
script instead:
c^"↑"

However, if you want the arrow to the left or right of the note head,
you want the to use the functionality of fingerings, but I don't know
how to specify anything else then numbers to be printed as a fingering.

   /Mats

Jonathan Townes wrote:
Greetings All,
I am beginning to write music for my harmonica practice and would like to use two Unicode characters in my fingerings:
↑ (Unicode: 2191/UTF8: E2 86 91) and ↓ (Unicode: 2193/UTF8: E2 86  93)
I'm a little stumped as Unicode characters work as lyrics......
Jonathan

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems