grace notes grumble

From: Aaron Mehl
Subject: grace notes grumble
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 22:57:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I am having some challenges getting grace notes to do
what I intended, with lyrics and also in combination.

The first case is as follows:

        g'2\grace a'8( g'2 ) | g'2
        ya        -            leh

with the slur the lyrics syllable is pushed to the
next beat

        g'2\grace a'8 g'2    | g'2
        ya        -   leh      tach

without the slur the lyrics go right where they are
supposed to.

I am not sure the above examples will keep their
formatting, but the bottom line is adding a slur
changes where the lyrics are placed.
How do I override this behaviour?

Thats the first question now:

If I place a gracenote and and afterGrace in the same
measure lilypond gives me errors.

I can't get the error to repeat right now to send the
term output but the next time it happens I will post
the error. Has anyone had similiar behaviour?

thanks
Aaron

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs