Re: grace notes grumble

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: grace notes grumble
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 03:56:59 -0700

On 18-Aug-05, at 3:00 AM, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

Aaron Mehl wrote:

indeed, but it's actually wrong, since grace notes
are too short to sing a syllable on.
 I was hoping that was the answer I would get.
I am notating folk songs where there is indeed such
behaviour, i.e. the singer sings a syllable on a grace

You can switch off the slur melismata. Check the manual for details. OF course, that doesn't help if the rest of the piece does have slurs.

Well, you can just switch it on again, right?  Isn't that what

\set ignoreMelismata = ##t
\unset ignoreMelismata

is for?

Cheers,