Manual volta brackets

From: Sven Axelsson
Subject: Manual volta brackets
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:12:24 +0200

I am using (or abusing) manual volta brackets to insert alternative
bars in a score, and I'm wondering if there is a way to control the
drawing of the right downstroke of the bracket? As far as I
understand, this is only drawn when the bracket appears at the end of
a measure, but I want to have it on all my manual brackets. An example
of what I'm doing is here:
http://www.svenax.net/files/sheetmusic/piobaireachd/andrew_macneill_of_
colonsay.pdf.

And related to this, how do I change the font for the volta text? I
have tried every conceivable variant of Scheme markup, but all I get
is syntax errors.

Here is a sample of the ly file:

    \grg f8. a16 A8. a16
    \grg e8. a16 \grg f8. a16
    \grg b8. a16 \grg d4
    \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta "Singling"))
    \hcad d8. \grG b16 \grG a4
    \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta "Doubling"))
    a16 \grg d8. a16 \grg a8.
    \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta #f))
    \grg f8. a16 A8. a16
    \grg b8. a16 \grg d8. a16
    \grg f8. a16 \grg e4
    \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta "Singling"))
    \grg e8 d ~ d4
    \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta "Doubling"))
    a16 \grg d8. a16 \grg d8.
    \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta #f))
    \bar "|" \break

--
Sven Axelsson