Re: lilypond does not generate tex file

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: lilypond does not generate tex file
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 16:00:28 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
I've installed lilypond 2.6.0-1 on cygwin, but
it does not generate the tex and dvi files.

Exactly! As you can see in the NEWS file and the new manual,
LilyPond generates PS directly (and then converts it to PDF),
tex isn't used anymore.

The pdf file works well, but I cannot open the ps file!

You will need a very recent version of ghostscript to
view the PS file.

Then, lilypond works with the obsolute path, for
example:

          lilypond /cygdrive/c/SHEET/test.ly

and not by using local path.

I think I have seen this problem mentioned in the mailing list
archives, but don't know any details.
Why not use the native Windows version instead of the Cygwin
version. I have got the impression that it works better.

   /Mats